Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Kick The Excuses To The Curb


Although the Fall is one of my favorite seasons, I must admit that once Thanksgiving comes around it becomes so hard to get to the gym. Aside from the fact that it looks like midnight at 5:00 pm, the brisk morning chill is not an encouragement to get to the gym either. Lately it has become a challenge to get to the gym, but some how and some way I have managed to get myself there during the week. As always, once I get to the gym and complete my workout I feel amazing. So I figured, I would encourage all of our readers to hang in there.

Believe me now is not the time to give up. The holidays are sometimes code for eat everything in sight. From now until 2013 there are going to be plenty of family holiday gatherings, lunch and dinner dates with your friends and of course the infamous holiday parties at work, which means you will be surrounded by every sweet dessert and snack you can think of. It may be difficult to stay away from the treats but the best thing that you can do if give into temptation is to exercise. 

Once the days become shorter and colder, the list of excuses that you make get longer and you may find that your motivation hits rock bottom. The best way to counteract those excuses is by creating excuse-busters. The basis of an excuse-buster is to create a positive response for every negative thought you have about working out. 

For example:

Negative Thought: "I don't think I'm going to make it to the gym today, I didn't get enough sleep."
Positive Response: "I know that once I get to the gym, I will feel better. I can do it."

Negative Thought: "It's freezing outside!"
Positive Response: "I can wake up early and workout in the living room."

Negative Thought: "I'm tired of walking on the treadmill."
Positive Response: "Maybe I can try a new class tonight."

Do you have any excuse busters that  you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...