Christie gives you 10 thought provoking questions to answer in this section. I don't want to completely spoil you going ahead and downloading her guide yourself, so I will answer 5 for you right here on WIOG.
- When you look at yourself in the mirror, what do you say to yourself? I tell myself that I am tolerable. Not beautiful, gorgeous, or traffic stopping. Tolerable. I am/feel average. I know this is bad... I don't think that my self-esteem is completely low, but it definitely is borderline somedays. I constantly worry about how I look and what others will think of me. So, when I look in the mirror, I tell myself that I am tolerable to avoid potential disappointment or someone letting me know that I am not fly.
- When you say those things to yourself, does it feel good? How do you treat yourself when you talk that way to yourself? Of course it doesn't feel good. I tell myself that it keeps me humble. I don't indulge myself very often, so it keeps me in check. I tell myself that I don't deserve XYZ until I XYZ. Once I get there, I will be able to get XYZ. Terrible, right? And most of the time, I "don't deserve" something because I am not seeing progress with my weight loss journey. BUT then again, I will self-sabotage myself and eat Pringles because I feel like my life is over and I can't lose weight. Such a vicious circle.
- Do you eat for reasons like boredom, stressed, tired, even happy? DEFINITELY! Sometimes, I just want a snack... Like, I want to chew something. I am not hungry, I just want to eat something. My mood will even change if I don't get the snack and then, what is worse, is that I feel "calmer" after I indulge in that snack. Normally something crunchy and salty.
- Does your body hum with energy, vitality, and aliveness? No? Why do you think that is? My body feels slow, sluggish and worn down most days. I crave to have more energy to get through my super long days, but sometimes, I just can't. I can force myself to do what needs to be done, but there is a countdown happening in my head until the moment I can climb into bed and relax. AND I am only 24 years old! I should be bouncing off the walls still. I really worry about what my energy levels will be like when I have children.
- Are you really ready to make true and lasting peace with food and your body? YES! I feel like I must make a change. It is now or never. I even feel like I know what I am doing wrong on most days, but I just don't gave the energy to do it right.
These questions really got me thinking. I can see the patterns of my thinking that make me emotionally eat. So if I can see it, then I should be able to change it, right? Well, we will see how I feel when I finish the e-book. If you are looking for the book, just go to Christie's site and download it. There should be a link on the right hand panel.